- Orthopaedic injuries and limb weakness.
- Upper and lower limb amputations.
- Joint replacements.
- Spinal injuries (including fractures, fusions, loss of movement).
- Neurological conditions (including stroke, MS, MND, Parkinson’s and Dementia).
- Cauda Equina.
- Brachial Plexus.
- Adult Cerebral Palsy.
- Degenerative conditions and terminal illness including cancer and Mesothelioma.
- Associated mild to moderate brain injury.
- Associated mental health.
- Associated visual or hearing impairment.
Clinical Currency Statement
As of October 2021, I am engaged in the role of Occupational Therapy Lead and Trainer for Hales Group for an average of 120 hours per month.
Specific Injuries Experience
As a Lead Occupational Therapist, Stevi is responsible for the ongoing and long-term care, therapy, and equipment needs of those with upper and lower limb amputations, orthopaedic injuries including joint replacements, neurological conditions and terminal and degenerative illnesses.
Stevi has a proven ability to devise long-term intervention plans that increase an injured person’s ability to carry out activities independently, within their homes as well as in the community. Stevi is responsible for managing their ongoing needs and will work with individuals across a wide age range.
Stevi leads the Occupational Therapy Service and Therapies teams at Hales Group Limited, who are UK-wide care specialists. In his day-to-day role, Stevi is a community based Occupational Therapist and carries out assessments for those with complex long-term needs within private homes and rehabilitation facilities. These assessments cover the individual’s care needs, as well as associated equipment and home adaptation provision. As part of a multi-disciplinary team, he works with adults who have long term substantial physical, neurological or cognitive injuries. Stevi’s role requires him to create care provision reports and to liaise with Adult Social Care to ensure clients have a care package which fully supports their needs.
Stevi’s hands-on responsibilities also require him to carry out environmental assessments to establish long-term housing needs, including any associated moving and handling requirements and the provisioning of appropriate adaptations and equipment.
Prior to this, Stevi worked for North Tyneside Adult Social Care where he worked with clients with complex physical, neurological and mental health needs in the community (including care homes and intermediate care settings) as well as carrying out additional community based occupational therapy assessments.
Qualifications and Membership
- MSc Advanced Occupational Therapy, Salford University, 2019.
- BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy, Northumbria University, 2013.
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Royal College of Occupational Therapists (MRCOT).
- British Association of Occupational Therapists (BAOT).
Care Expert Witness
Jacqueline Webb & Co Limited
Occupational Therapy Lead and Trainer
Hales Group Limited, Domiciliary Care Specialists UK-wide
Community Occupational Therapy Team
North Tyneside Council, Adult Social Care
Housing Occupational Therapy Team
North Tyneside Council, Housing
North Tyneside Living Team
North Tyneside Council, North Tyneside Living