- Spinal Cord Injury.
- Cauda Equina Syndrome.
- Traumatic and acquired brain injury.
- Neurological injury.
- Brachial Plexus.
- Associated orthopaedic injuries.
- Associated joint injuries and replacements.
Clinical Currency Statement
As at December 2020, I am engaged in the role of Case Manager for Spinal Injury Case Management Ltd for an average of 120 hours per month.
Specific Injuries Experience
Sarah has considerable experience in the field of traumatic neurological injury and is currently a Case Manager with a Spinal Cord Injury Specialist Case Management firm. Her clinical underpinning is in Neurosciences and ITU, so she has a brilliant understanding of initial and ongoing neurological needs; this includes both physical and cognitive impairment and challenging behaviours.
Sarah is very competent in working with clients who have dual diagnosis of brain and spinal cord injury. She has substantial experience with Cauda Equina Syndrome and Brachial Plexus nerve injuries.
Sarah has developed skills in supporting individuals who have also suffered orthopaedic and fracture injuries in conjunction with severe neurological and spinal cord injuries.
Sarah currently works with Spinal Injury Case Management Ltd where she has a caseload of clients with catastrophic spinal cord injury and brain injury. Sarah is a member of the RCN, CMSUK, MASCIP, BABICM, an associate member of the SIA, and she enjoys attending the respective annual conferences.
Sarah has been Registered General Nurse for over 20 years. She gained a Diploma of Nursing Studies with her RGN in 1996, and went on to complete a Degree in Nursing Studies in 2000. Sarah has over a decade of experience working within Neurosciences; including acute Neurorehabilitation, ongoing Neurorehabilitation, and Neurology. The majority of her clinical experience is in acute Neurosurgery and Neuro High Dependency units (HDU) as a staff nurse then a ward sister. She has extensive experience of caring for people with spinal cord damage, brain injury and multiple trauma from admission through to rehabilitation, and discharge planning. During this time Sarah attained qualifications in clinical teaching, and in Neurosurgical and Neuro-medical Nursing, and gained valuable experience in budget management.
Prior to Case Management Sarah worked as an Approved Disability Analyst Nurse on behalf of the DWP where she completed face to face and paper-based assessments for various benefits including Employment Support Allowance (ESA), Disability Living Allowance (DLA) and Incapacity Benefit (IB). For each client an independent functional assessment of the impact of their physical, mental health and/or learning disability on their day to day life was carried out. A clear and concise report was then produced for the DWP.
Qualifications and Membership
- BSc (Honours) in Nursing Studies, Coventry University (2000).
- Certificate of Achievement in Disability Assessment, University of Derby (2011).
- Approved Disability Analyst – (Nurse) courses; Incapacity Benefit (IB), Disability Living Allowance (DLA), Attendance Allowance (AA) and Employment Support Allowance (ESA) Atos Healthcare / Department of Work and Pensions (DWP), (2006-2014).
- ENB 148 – Neuro-medical and Neurosurgical Nursing Course, University of Central England, Birmingham (1999).
- ENB 998 – Teaching and Assessing in Clinical Practice, Coventry University (1998).
- RGN (Registered General Nurse), Coventry and Warwickshire School of Nursing (1996).
- Case Management Society UK (CMSUK).
- Diploma in Nursing Studies, Warwick University (1996).
- Member of Royal College of Nursing (RCN).
- Member of British Association of Brain Injury Case Managers (BABICM).
- Member of Multidisciplinary Association for Spinal Cord Professionals (MASCIP).
- Member of Healthwatch Salford.
Jacqueline Webb & Co Ltd
Clinical Contact Caseworker (Covid-19)
NHS and Public Health England
Independent Case Manager
Spinal Injury Case Management Ltd
Medical Screening Nurse
Subcontracted by MSS – Medical Screening Solutions
Approved Disability Analyst – Nurse
Bank Nurse – mostly covering HDU (high dependency unit) and orthopaedic wards
Royal Bolton Hospital NHS Trust
‘F’ grade sister – working on both B8 Acute Neurosurgery, and Neuro HDU
Hope Hospital (now Salford Royal)
‘E’ grade staff nurse – C5West Acute Neurosurgery, inc rotation into C5 Neuro ICU
Walsgrave Hospital NHS Trust, Coventry
‘D’ grade staff nurse – C5West Acute Neurosurgery
Walsgrave Hospital NHS Trust, Coventry
Coventry & Warwickshire School of Nursing & Midwifery
Gap year; worked as secretarial temp and an auxiliary nurse