Extensive experience working with children and young adults with:
- Cerebral Palsy and associated physical, cognitive, sensory and communication difficulties.
- Traumatic and acquired brain injury.
- Upper and lower limb amputations.
- Orthopaedic injuries including multiple and complex fractures.
- Brachial Plexus Lesions including Erb’s Palsy.
- Global developmental delay and severe learning disability.
- Neuro-muscular conditions such as Muscular Dystrophy.
- Loss of Services.
Clinical Currency Statement
As at August 2021, I am engaged in the role of Case Manager and Occupational Therapist for Independence Works Limited and Stanley Smith Case Management for an average of 160 hours per month.
Specific Injuries Experience
Zoe is a highly experienced and skilled Occupational Therapist and Case Manager. She has been a Case Manager since 2001 specialising in the case management of children and adults who have sustained major catastrophic life changing injuries, including brain injury, polytrauma, amputations, spinal injuries and psychological and behavioural challenges. In this role she supports them from an early assessment stage through to acquiring appropriate high-level specialist equipment (including prosthetics), therapy, transport, accommodation and care packages.
She uses a problem-solving client-centred approach to help individuals to re-engage in their social and workplace environments wherever possible, supporting them to return to their pre-injury hobbies, interests and occupation or education. This can also include supporting family members and helping all those involved to adjust.
Zoe has excellent knowledge and understanding of child development and extensive experience working with children, young people and their families within a child development/child assessment setting, educational and respite environments, universal children’s services, acute and complex community care teams.
Zoe has over 30 years’ experience as an Occupational Therapist working with children and adults with severe cognitive and physical impairments. Throughout her career she has worked in both statutory and private roles, and in acute and community settings.
Zoe combined her statutory services role with independent practice and started working as an independent Expert Witness with Jacqueline Webb & Co in 1999. Zoe has prepared many care and equipment cost analyses for personal injury and clinical negligence claims, usually instructed by claimant solicitors and on occasions the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA).
As a Case Manager, Zoe has extensive experience in commissioning care, specialist therapy and psychological services. She regularly assesses for and provides advice regarding specialist equipment, and supports individuals to return to driving when possible, advising on vehicle adaptations and specialist vehicles. Zoe has worked on large building projects, providing advice to ensure the environment is fully adapted to facilitate the individual’s maximum independence whilst also meeting the long-term needs of the child, family and carers.
Zoe has extensive case management experience working with injured parties and their family, solicitors, professional deputies and insurers in relation to unsettled and settled litigation claims. She has attended many meetings and case conferences relating to litigation both as a Case Manager and as an Expert Witness.
Qualifications and Membership
- Diploma of the Royal College of Occupational Therapists (DipCOT)
- Royal College of Occupational Therapists (RCOT).
- Royal College of Occupational Therapists – Specialist Section – Children, Young People and Families (RCOTSS-CYPF).
- Royal College of Occupational Therapists – Specialist Section – Work (RCOTSS-W).
- Royal College of Occupational Therapists – Specialist Section – Independent Practice (RCOTSS-IP).
- Member of the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Member of the British Association of Brain Injury Case Managers (BABICM).
- Case Management Society UK (CMSUK).
- Certificate in Management Studies (CMS).
Jacqueline Webb & Co Ltd
2020 – Present
Occupational Therapist and Case Manager
Stanley Smith Case Management Limited
Occupational Therapist and Case Manager
Independence Works Ltd
Occupational Therapist and Company Director
OT 4 Children Ltd
Independent Occupational Therapist and Company Director
Occupational Therapy Devon Ltd
Case Manager and Occupational Therapist
Westcountry Case Management Ltd
Senior Occupational Therapist, Children and Young Peoples Team
Devon Integrated Children’s Services
Teignbridge Social Services Directorate
Occupational Therapist and Care Manager
Exeter Children with Disabilities Team, Devon County Council
Senior Occupational Therapist and Care Manager
Teignbridge and Dawlish Social Services
Musgrove Park Hospital, Taunton