Extensive experience working with children and young adults up to the age of 25 with:
- Spinal and spinal cord Injury.
- Global developmental delay and severe learning disability.
- Life limiting conditions.
- Acquired and Traumatic Brain Injury.
- Cerebral Palsy.
- Brachial Plexus Lesions including Erb’s Palsy.
- Physical disabilities.
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders and challenging behaviours.
- 24-hour postural management and manual handling.
Other experience includes:
- Loss of services in fatal accident claims.
Clinical Currency Statement
As at July 2020, I am engaged in the role of Case Manager and Occupational Therapist for Kati Innes OT Ltd for an average of 70 hours per month.
Kati has worked as an independent Expert Witness since 2010 and has extensive experience of attending case conferences, creating reports for educational tribunals and providing information, advice and recommendations for court reports. She has prepared loss of services reports, relating to mesothelioma, fatal accidents and misdiagnosis, where in many cases the remaining dependants have disabilities or illness resulting in high care needs. Kati has written detailed reports quantifying the past services provided by the deceased to their dependants, as well as those that they would have provided in the future.
As an independent Occupational Therapist she provides treatment, equipment and adaptations assessment, and advice to adults and children in the litigation process. This includes clients with spinal cord injury, acquired brain injury and Cerebral Palsy. Kati also provides support to care teams with the provision of supervision, bespoke manual handing training and competency assessments.
As an independent Case Manager to a number of children with complex needs, Kati works closely with the children and their family to co-ordinate and facilitate plans to ensure their full range of care, therapy, education, equipment, leisure and housing needs are being met. This includes vast experience in setting up and managing a mix of private agency and directly employed care packages.
Kati has extensive experience of assessing children and young adults with complex physical and learning disabilities including Cerebral palsy, Acquired Brain Injury, Autism and behavioural difficulties. She provides assessment and provision of specialist equipment, including 24-hour postural management equipment and equipment for everyday activities such as bathing. She has produced care plans and worked with surveyors to design purpose-built accommodation or adaptations. Kati also has specific skills in problem solving complex manual handling issues.
She has previously worked as the Professional Lead for occupational therapy at Chailey Heritage Clinical Services, a specialist service for children and adults with complex disabilities, providing assessment and provision of equipment, adaptations and care management for clients and their families.
Kati also worked in social services and integrated services, providing equipment and adaptations to disabled children in the community as well as managing a multi-disciplinary team. She has over 13 years’ experience of specialising in working with adults and children with complex disabilities.
An experienced speaker, having presented at the children’s OT conference, Kati also provides teaching and training to students at the University of Brighton as a visiting lecturer on multidisciplinary working, postural management, leadership and independent practice.
Kati has collaborated with other authors on a research project, published in the British Journal of Occupational Therapy titled, Home safety for children with autistic spectrum disorder: local authority occupational therapy intervention.
She is particularly interested in the modification of environments and the provision of support packages that reduce the exclusion of disabled people from family life, education and community facilities. Kati also has a keen interest in provision for children and young people who have experienced the care system.
Qualifications and Membership
- MSC Health through Occupation (2002).
- BA Social Anthropology (1996).
- PG Dip Occupational Therapy (2002).
- Diploma in Management and Leadership (2011).
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- British Association Occupational Therapists (BAOT).
- Royal College Occupational Therapists – Specialist Section – Children, Young People and Families (RCOTSS-CYPF).
- Royal College Occupational Therapists – Specialist Section – Independent Practice (RCOTSS-IP).
Jacqueline Webb & Co Ltd
Occupational Therapist and Case Manager
Kati Innes Occupational Therapy Ltd
Professional Lead Occupational Therapist
Chailey Heritage Clinical Services
Children’s Integrated Therapy Service Area Manager & Senior Specialist OT
East Sussex Heath Trust and East Sussex County Council
Lead Children’s Occupational Therapist
East Sussex County Council
Children’s Occupational Therapist
East Sussex County Council
Occupational Therapist for Young People with Learning Disabilities
Team Leader and Trainer
Triangle Children’s Services
Kati has lectured three times and has had an article published.
- Visiting Lecturer at the University of Brighton – Multidisciplinary working, Postural Management, Leadership, independent practice (2019-Present).
- Tilney – Court of Protection Master Class – Meeting the needs of the client and the case lecture (2018).
- National Association Paediatric Occupational Therapist’s 20th Annual Conference – Integrated Children’s Services (2009).
- The British Journal of Occupational Therapy – Vol 77 No.5 – Home safety for children with autistic spectrum disorder: local authority occupational therapy intervention (2014).