Extensive experience working with children and young adults with a range of disabilities, including:
- Cerebral Palsy.
- Brain injury (acquired and traumatic brain injury).
- Cognitive and behavioural issues.
- Learning difficulties including autism.
- Degenerative neurological conditions including Muscular Dystrophy.
- Mental health.
- Associated orthopaedic injuries.
- Associated visual/ hearing loss or impairment.
- Associated mental health
Clinical Currency Statement
As at November 2021, I am engaged in the role of Case Manager for Independent Living Solutions for an average of 110 hours per month.
Specific Injuries Experience
Emma is a specialist Paediatric Occupational Therapist and Case Manager. She predominantly works with children and teenagers with traumatic and acquired brain injury including Cerebral Palsy, often with severe mobility, cognitive and communication issues.
Emma has significant experience in supporting children (and their families) with challenging behaviours and learning disabilities, and also with degenerative neurological and life-limiting conditions. Most of the children Emma works with have extensive physical and psychological needs.
As a Case Manager, Emma works closely with children with complex needs and their families to co-ordinate and facilitate care plans to ensure their full range of care, therapy, education, equipment, leisure and housing needs are being met. Emma has extensive experience in setting up and managing a mix of both private agency and directly employed care packages. Emma also assesses for and provides specialist equipment including 24-hour postural management equipment and equipment for everyday activities such as bathing and transferring. She has also worked with surveyors to design purpose-built accommodation or adaptations to an existing property. Emma also has specific skills in problem solving complex manual handling issues. Emma has previously worked in social services and integrated services, providing equipment and adaptations to disabled children in the community as well as managing a multi-disciplinary team.
Qualifications and Membership
- BSc Hons Occupational Therapy, Robert Gordon University Aberdeen, 2002.
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- British Association of Occupational Therapists (BAOT).
- The College of Occupational Therapists Specialists Section – Children, Young People and Families.
- Case Management Society UK (CMSUK).
- British Association of Brain Injury Case Managers (BABICM).
Care Expert Witness
Jacqueline Webb & Co Limited
Case Manager/Occupational Therapist
Independent Living Solutions
Lead Occupational Therapist
Southampton Children’s Hospital
Specialist Paediatric Occupational Therapist
Senior Paediatric Occupational Therapist
Peterborough Children with Disabilities Team
Community Occupational Therapist
Surrey County Council